Monday, January 21, 2013

Quilling Inspirations: The Quilling blogs I Read and Admire

*gasp!* A blog post without any photos?

Yes, it is so. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you some links to a few quilling blogs and websites that I frequent as an admirer. I don't go hunting to copy anyone as that's not my idea of creativity, but I find it so motivating to look at the wonderful things that other people create through this craft. A few that I follow would have to be moved from the category of 'crafter' and into 'artist', as they are breath-takingly exceptional quillers, a level I don't quite foresee in my own future, but they still inspire and motivate me to continue with my own quilling.

My first piece of advice is to take a wander over to the right of the screen
---------------->
and check out the fantastic quillers listed in "Amazing crafty and artistic blogs". These are a good bunch to watch if you are a quiller yourself, as many of them provide 'how to' info, which I did have here at one point but found that not a single person had looked at it for over a year :s so I though it might just be clogging up my site rather than providing valuable information. These crafters all probably explain it better than I could anyway. Now I'm just going to highlight a few of these and more.

As you may deduce from the title, All Things Paper does not solely focus on quilling, but Ann does a lot of quilling herself and frequently features other amazing quilling artists in her posts. She provides a lot of excellent tutorials in quilling, so if you're looking to learn the craft that's a great place to go!

One I found through All Things Paper and one of those quilling artists I mentioned is Sabeena Karnik. Her quilling is used in advertising, and when you have a look you'll see why I say it is an art in her hands. Truly amazing work, a delight for the peepers.

Quill Centre is the place to go for beautiful floral work, though flowers are a common subject of quilling in general, her work has a charm to it, sometimes of the vintage variety.

If you are looking to join a community of quillers, Creative Quilling is a good place to go, you can buy supplies there, participate in the forums and read about quilling on the site's blog.

There are more, but I'm going to save them for a part two later in the year. I don't want to overload you with quilling sites!

I've actually already finished this week's quilling project, but as it is themed for a special day at the end of this week I'm going to hold off until the day to share it. Go look at the sites I've plugged, they'll keep you entertained until Saturday!

xnata

No comments: